New album ‘Lost in Ponoka’ is out October 1, 2013, accompanied by a story and picture book by Ponoka singer Rick de Gier and photographer Marian de Gier. For a sneak preview and more information about this project (mostly in Dutch), visit verdwaaldinponoka.nl.
Read more about the band at Wikipedia (in Dutch).
Rick de Gier – lead vocals, guitar, harmonica
Theo Nap – guitar, bgvs
Jon van Til – bass
Current guest members:
Mevrouw Tamara – vocals, keys
Bart Reinders – drums
Jaromir Fernig – pedal steel
Pim van de Werken – banjo
Alice ten Brinke – vocals
Laurens Palsgraaf – keys, trumpet
Lucas Nap – drums
Lost in Ponoka, October 2013 (accompanied by the book ‘Verdwaald in Ponoka’ by Rick de Gier, released by record label Volkoren and publisher Brandaan)
Outtakes From the Revival Songbook, 2011 (soundtrack to the Dutch novel Nineve by Rick de Gier, Volkoren/Brandaan)
Built to Fly, 2009 (Volkoren)
Hindsight, 2007 (Volkoren)
- All Ponoka’s albums were excellently received in leading Dutch media like De Volkskrant, NRC, OOR, 3VOOR12 and many others (see the Reviews page).
- In 2007 Ponoka was selected as ‘Serious Talent’ at leading rock station 3FM.
- Ponoka scored various hits on alternative radio station KINK FM, including first position in the KINK 40 with ‘Help is on the Way’.
- Ponoka played in leading venues all over The Netherlands, including De Melkweg, Tivoli, Ekko, Hedon, Paard van Troje, and Club 3VOOR12.
- The song ‘Don’t Save Up for a Sunny Day’ was used as the leader for the popular TV show ‘Van Kavel tot Kasteel’ on RTL 4.
Landscape photography on this site by Marian de Gier.